disconnecting every 15-30 mins

Since today I have the same problems and basically the same setup like the topic starter. Germany, Telekom (provider), Speedport Smart 3 (router).

The Speedport is kinda new and worked the first week without any problems with my now faster connection. This noon it updated itself to a new firmware and from that on i have the DC problems.

The firmwares changelog is the ironic part:

"• Verbesserte Unterstützung verschiedener Online-Games"

English: "improved support of different online-games"

Thank you Telekom! Much better now...
Not! :mad:

The cause here seems to be the software/update and not the hardware.

I rebooted the Speedport, reinstalled Arua. Nothing helped so far. And I'm afraid, that I'm not allowed to downgrade the firmware since it is not my own hardware.

Last edited:
i changed to the speedport smart 2 and all works well. So it was definetly a Problem with the router speedport smart 3 !
Du solltest dich mit dem telekom support unterhalten und den router als defekt reklamiern. In diesem Zuge solltest du auch den speedport smart 2 erhalten können.
Es war nicht ganz einfach das mit den Technikern und dem support zu bewerkstelligen. Es gab viele Unstimmigkeiten wie der tausch " verrechnet" werden soll usw.
Der tausch ansich ging schnell.

Am ende habe ich Quasi den speedport 2 für 20 euro gekauft und der speedport smart 3 zur miete,wurde anstandslos aus dem vertrag entfernt.
War aber vlt. auch nur " Kulanz" weil ich den smart 3 erst 6 Wochen hatte.
Nur so am Rande. Der fehler konnte auch nach vielen verschiedenen versuchen NICHT von den Technikern gefunden werden.Ich hatte wohl auch einfach glück das sie mir geglaubt haben und ich belegen konnte das es mit einem andern router der telekom funktioniert.

Frenchy

Supporter
Supporter
well i've got that too since like the last two patches or so, random dc's like 2-3 times a day .

doesnt come from your router if you didnt change anything the last week(s)

enuct

Event Team
Staff member
Event Team
Try updating the firmware on your router, and or maybe even downgrade it if you had recently updated it. As with OP using a free router and modem from your ISP can result in higher rates of packet loss as they aren't really meant for gaming more just getting people on facebook. If you play games and stream a lot I recommend getting an AC router, mind you good ones can be $80-200 USD. The Nighthawk series was best rated last year but since it's an investment I'd suggest researching what fits your needs.

4K streaming, or things like steamlink require really fast routers, they are computers dedicated just to controlling data on your network.

Du solltest dich mit dem telekom support unterhalten und den router als defekt reklamiern. In diesem Zuge solltest du auch den speedport smart 2 erhalten können.
Habe ich heute auch hinbekommen. Hoffentlich kommt der bis Samstag noch an. :)

I managed to return the not working device and will get a new "old" one. Hopefully this will solve the dc problem.

In the meantime I get a somewhat stable connection with WTfast.

Last edited: